Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Tell Me Again..?

Every little bit, someone will ask me " So, why does a busy mama of nine homeschooled kids raise Saint Bernards? I mean-- how do you have the time?!". Time..lol..well, to tell the truth this question also comes to me from me every now and then!
To be honest, I do have lots of things I try to work into each day. As the puppies get older, my job as their caretaker grows as well! It goes from monitoring the mamas and their diets and making sure the puppies are warm and full of milk ( and of course, cuddling them!!) to feeding the frenzy and cleaning up their room. It takes a con siderable amount of time to introduce them to solid food and fresh water ( hey, this does not taste like mam's milk!!) and to begin to help them to potty in the litter containers ( containers with wood chips ) and to spend time playing with each one. It is a good thing there is so many little people here--the puppies absolutely adore them and the attention they give them! It is always cool to watch the puppies change. When they are just getting mobile and noticing the world around them all that really matters to them is when their mamas walk in from a break outside. That gets them so excited! After they begin on solid food then they begin to give some of the attention to us, the other food givers..lol! A jumping, barking, tail wiggling throng meets you everytime you walk up. It is a nice feeling :)
Still, though, seriously It comes down to this:
I believe that Saint Bernards are awesome animals. They give so much to the human companions! By their sheer size they offer their protection. They are just as happy with a stroll through the city, greeting everyone with their silly grin, as a romp through the field, giving a bunny a chase he will remember! A Saint will be there first to greet you in the morning, and be the last to bid you goodnite. There is no other 4 legged companion that will offer your children their love and friendship like a Saint will. Time and again, folks will come for a new puppy and warm our hearts with a story of the Saint they had before and the life they shared! I have asked them all the same question, " What made you decide to get another one?" and their answers echo one another, " He was our best friend.", "I can't imagine not having a Saint Bernard now.", and " I want my kids to have the memories I have of growing up with one of these furry giants!". It true, they are hands down the best!I simply cannot fathom our life without these Gentle Giants..

No comments:

Post a Comment